Curriculum - PE
PE at St. John’s
Here at St. John’s, Physical Education is of a high priority in all aspects of our curriculum. Not only do we want our pupils to acquire the fundamental skills set out in the National Curriculum, we aim for our pupils to thrive in Sports and evaluate their own success.
We are lucky enough to have had visits from two inspiring athletes over the last two terms! The St. John’s pupils were so excited to find out about what it takes to become a professional athlete and even more impressed when the athletes demonstrated their outstanding skills!
At St. John’s, we promote a Growth Mindset in all of our pupils. Our pupils are becoming more and more resilient and they are so enthusiastic to challenge themselves in all aspects.
- Excellent Sports Coaches who work with our teachers to provide the best possible education in PE
- Experiences to promote Growth Mindset
- Supporting strategies to cope with Mental Health (through yoga and mindset days)
- A vast range of afterschool activities for all age groups. For example, Gymnastics, Football, Netball
- Access to a range of Multi-School competitions, including local friendly matches as well as competitive sports competitions inside and outside of our MAC.
- Experiences including visits from professional Athletes