We aim to ensure that all children achieve their best.
This includes children who have:
- Communication and Interaction needs
- Cognition and Learning needs
- Social Emotional and Mental Health needs
- Sensory and/ or Physical needs
Children who are experiencing difficulties are identified by teachers or parents, and given the appropriate help to enable them to fulfil their in class. This might require a structured programme of work aimed specifically at a child’s needs or simply additional adult support, within or outside the class, coordinated by the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) in conjunction with a child’s Class Teacher. New children moving to the school are screened and assessed.
We also aim to extend our more able children by identifying them and ensuring that their programmes of work are appropriately challenging and stimulating. It is our aim to ensure that all pupils access the National Curriculum:
- To provide an environment in which all of our children can grow in self confidence and self esteem
- To be responsive to the additional needs that some children will require by special teaching and classroom arrangements
- That all members of staff realise their responsibility for the education of children with special needs and maintain high expectations for all children.
- To encourage the participation of parents of children with special educational needs.
All staff have received training in the identification of dyslexia and a wider range of learning differences and are aware of strategies to help these children.
In recognition of our training and good practice we have achieved full Dyslexia Friendly Status and are currently working towards Enhanced Dyslexia Friendly Status.
Good communications and co-operation between school and parents are essential to ensure that children with special needs are helped.
- Click to view our school’s sen-information-report
- Coming soon: Provisions available in school over the coming academic year
- To view the Staffordshire Local Offer, Click here
- Click to view the SEN Code of Practice
- Click to view a list of common SEN Acronyms used
- For further advice and support click for the Staffordshire SEND Family Partnership