Sports Premium 2019 - 2020
Our School received £16,640 funding for Sports Premium
Funding contributed to improvement in provision and increased participation through:
- All year groups receive lessons from qualified Gymnastic and Dance coaches / practitioners
- Ensure key stage two pupils participated in Sporting Competitions regularly throughout the year: increased participated and
- Key Stage One pupils participate in Multi sports events with other primary schools
- Pupils have an opportunity to perform their skills to an audience - Dance & Gymnastics
- After School Sporting Clubs run throughout the year in both Key Stage One and Two with qualified coaches
- Sports leaders - pupil role
Sports Premium has enabled us to employ a specialised and qualified Netball coach. This has had a huge impact on our performance in multi-school competitions; it has also raised pupil engagement in the sport, with the highest number of boys participating in Netball training since the club began.
Junior Sports Leaders have shared their recommendation as part of the pupil voice community and have played a vital role in organising and selecting our brand new sports equipment.
Our aim for 2020 is to apply for a National Sports Mark to showcase the school’s improvement in Sporting Events. Our target for 2019 - 2020 is to increase pupil engagement in lunch time activities through training for lunch time staff members.