Our School received £16,490 funding for Sports Premium
Funding contributed to improvement in provision and increased participation through:
- All year groups receive lessons from qualified Gymnastic and Dance coaches / practitioners
- Ensure key stage two pupils participated in Sporting Competitions regularly throughout the year: increased participated
- Key Stage One pupils participate in Multi sports events with other primary schools
- After School Sporting Clubs run throughout the year in both Key Stage One and Two with qualified coaches
- Sports leaders - pupil leadership role to increase physical activity participation during playtimes
Sports Premium has enabled us to employ a specialised and qualified coach. Pupils value PE lessons and the quality teaching they receive. Specialist staff have supported the school significantly in enabling school participation in multi-school competitions; it has also raised pupil engagement particularly in cross-country, with the highest number of boys participating in the cross-country competition this year with great success.
Junior Sports Leaders initiatives have started with pupils sharing their recommendations as part of the pupil voice community and have played a vital role in organising and selecting our brand new sports equipment.
Provision of swimming voucher scheme has enabled the school to maintain swimming provision during COVID times with 100% pupils reaching the swimming expectations by year six.
Our Aims in 2022-23 summary:
To achieve School Games Bronze Award - a challenge given the size of our school.
Our PE & Sport targets are: to increase further participation, wider competition for increased age group, pupil leadership & club provision, new sport involvement and further develop further teaching links with our High School - Blessed William Howard